Coming Again in February 2018!
See What We Did at the 2017 Event Below.
2017 A Taste of Soup and Art Exhibit
Happy Birthday Mississippi: Celebrating 200 Years
- Tickets are sold at the Carrollton-North Carrollton Library and by Friends of the Library. Most of the tickets are sold before the event because we have limited seating, but they may be available at the door this year. Tickets are $10 and include the annual recipe book. To check on availability of tickets, call the Carrollton-North Carrollton Library at 662-237-6268. For more information, call Pam Lee at 662-237-6910.
- Burger in a Bowl Soup
- Chicken, Lemon & Rice Soup
- Easy Chili
- New Year’s Day Good Luck Soup
- Mexican Stew
- Smoky Pork Taco Soup
- Everyone is encouraged to bring a muffin tin [regular size] to use as a tray to carry the little cups of soup, but platters will be available.
- also to view the work of Carroll County artists and craftsmen. Some artists will have items for sale
- Saturday, February 4, 2017 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Carrollton Community House 305 Lexington St Carrollton, Mississippi
- Everyone is invited but tickets are limited so buy yours soon. Tickets are available from Friends of the Carrollton-North Carrollton Library or at the Library.
- A Taste of Soup and Art Exhibit began 2007 with a dual purpose. The first was and
still is to raise funds to help with purchases for the Carrollton North Carrollton
Library. The Friends of the Carrollton-North Carrollton Library [FoL] based this fundraiser on one in Arkansas and added the art exhibit to recognize some of the many talented people in Carroll County. Some of the artists will have items for sale and
others will not.
An Art Exhibit
Artists to be featured include:
- Elizabeth Saunders as our youth artist
- Linda James – paintings
- Pam Shaw – birdhouses
- Charlene Senn – machine embroidery
- and Stephanie Clanton – photography.
A Taste of Soup and Art Exhibit has been very successful, allowing us to purchase everything from books to racks to hold books on tape or CD to landscaping for the library.
We also help with the different activities, such as the summer reading program and book signings for local authors.
Games & Door Prizes.
A number of door prizes will again be given away. However, this year instead of drawing tickets, answers to trivia questions about Mississippi will be the way to win prizes. So look up Mississippi Trivia before you come and pay attention to the posters and table decorations so you too can win a door prize.
The doors of the Community House
open at 11 AM
and the soup sampled until 12:30 PM
For more information contact :
Snooky or Pam Lee at 662-237-6910